Monday, June 21, 2010

Heaven is a place on earth when 'THE EXORCIST' comes to Blu-Ray! When?

Many years ago people were traumatized with director William Friedkin's 'EXORCIST', many still are. The volatile, head-spinning, gut regurgitating, demonic classic will be released on October 5th 2010. This time 'THE EXORCIST' possesses Blu-Ray format with shocking HD visualization, and packaged in a two disc digibook with a personal letter by director Friedkin. The directors extended cut and theatrical formats will also be included. There will be an overload of extra features to keep many fans happy. Enjoy some of the images I dug up, many are from my favorite moments of the film!





from Blu-Ray.com Regarding the two versions, director William Friedkin says, "After my final cut of the original The Exorcist, I took out 12 more minutes before we actually released it in theatres. Years later, Bill Blatty asked if I'd consider reviewing some of that rejected footage (which he always felt should have remained) with an eye towards putting it into a new version. Bill gave me the best piece of material I've ever received and because of that and because the film had such a major reputation over some 25 years, I agreed to revisit all these scenes. When I saw them, I came to realize that Bill was, in fact, right. With technical advances, scenes that didn't work then could now be fixed with CGI and there were others that I thought strengthened the spiritual aspect of the film. Warner agreed and released a whole new theatrical print in 2000 which we called The Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen. And I now agree with Blatty that this is the best and most complete version." 




Said Jeff Baker, WHV Executive VP & General Manager, Theatrical Catalog, "Generally speaking, sourcing relevant and provocative film assets for older films (30 years and older), is difficult, and more often than not, proves to be unsuccessful. The never before seen behind the camera treasure trove of material that consumers will see in The Exorcist Blu-ray release is one of the great finds in modern day home entertainment history. Laurent Bouzereau, an acclaimed documentarian, has blended this archival rare footage with updated present day interviews to create a masterpiece that will be treasured and studied for decades to come." 


By RATED R JOHNNYHORROR

No comments: